After a long wait, the Mi Band 4 is finally coming to India. On Monday Xiaomi India Managing Director Manu Jain confirmed that the Mi Band 4 is coming to India on September 17 in the country. The Mi Band 4 is already selling in China and we expect the same model of the Mi band to come to India. This means for the first-ever time expect the Mi Band will come with a coloured display in the country. The Mi Band 3 sports black and white screen and similar was the case with other previous generation Mi Bands.
The Mi Band 4 has been hugely successful so far, which makes this launch even more interesting. Based on its China launch, the Mi Band 4 is expected to feature a 0.95-inch colour AMOLED display that has 120×240 pixels resolution and a 2.5D glass protection. The addition of voice commands is a new feature that could make the Mi Band 4 much more than a simple activity tracker.
In China, the Mi Band 4 comes with a price of RMB 169 that roughly translates to Rs 1,700. This price is for the variant with no NFC support. The NFC version of the Mi Band 4 is priced at RMB 229 that roughly translates to Rs 2,300. We expect both the variants of the Mi Band 4 — with and without NFC support — to launch in India next week. The Mi Band 4 is expected to launch in India with the price similar to the Mi Band 3, i.e. Rs 1,999.
To recollect, alongside the two Mi Band 4 variants Xiaomi also launched a special Avengers Edition Mi Band 4 in China back in the month of June. The Avengers Edition Mi Band 4 comes with a price of RMB 349 that roughly translates to Rs 3,500. For now, there are no words whether or not the Avengers Edition Mi Band 4 will head to India.
Top features of the Mi Band 4:
- The Mi Band 4 comes with a rubber band.
- It includes bigger screen than Mi Band 3.
- The Mi Band 4 comes with coloured OLED display.
- The Mi Band 4 comes with different design when compared to the Mi Band 3.
- The charging pins of Mi Band 4 sit on the bottom instead of the top.
- The Mi Band 4 comes with a 0.95-inch AMOLED colour touch-enabled screen that offers a resolution of 240 x 120p.
- The screen of the Mi Band 4 is protected with a layer of 2.5D curved glass on top.
- The screen of the Mi Band 4 is capable of showing notifications like SMSes, WhatsApp messages, fitness details, among other things.
- The Mi Band 4 also comes with Xiaomi’s own AI voice assistant support.
- The Mi Band 4 also comes with a heart rate sensor and several tracking features.
- The Mi Band 4 comes with several fitness features like step counting, sleep monitoring, among other things.
- Mi Band 4 comes packed with an upgraded six-axis sensor which detects different swimming activities such as Freestyle, Backstroke, Butterfly stroke, and Medley.
- The new Mi Band 4 comes with 5ATM rating for water resistance.
- Xiaomi claims the Mi Band 4 can deliver 20 days of battery life on a single charge.
Mi Band 4 price in India:
Mi Band 4 price in India has not been revealed yet. In China, Mi Band 4 price is CNY 169 (roughly Rs. 1,700) for the standard edition, while its NFC variant is priced at CNY 229 (roughly Rs. 2,300).