Apple is launching the iPhone 11 today globally. The 2019 iPhone family is so far speculated to include the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max alongside the regular iPhone 11. The roumered iphones comes with Apple’s A13 chip. The new iPhone 11 models are expected to come with an OLED panel, as a successor to the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The iPhone 11 launch event is taking place in Cupertino and will be live streamed globally through multiple channels.
How to watch live stream:
Apple late last month sent out invites for its special event that is taking place at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino where the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max are expected to make their debut. The event will begin at 10am PDT (10:30pm IST). Just like previous Apple events, the iPhone 11 launch event will be live streamed on Apple’s website. The official live stream will be accessible on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 10 or above or a Mac computer using Safari browser. Similarly, Windows users can access the livestream page through the Edge browser.
Apple this time is also live streaming the iPhone launch via YouTube. The launch may also be live streamed through Twitter. Moreover, Apple TV users can watch the livestream directly using the Apple Events app.
You can easily watch the live stream below:
iPhone 11 Features:
- As expected, iPhone 11 will ship with iOS 13. iOS 13 is expected to be announced at WWDC 2019. Earlier rumors suggest Apple will ship two new iPhone models with 6.1-inch and 6.5-inch OLED displays. There are also rumors that it will ship with a triple camera system.
- The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Apple’s flagship 2019 lineup will feature three models, including 2 OLED and 1 LCD variant. The high-end ‘iPhone 11’ (iPhone 11 Max?) will feature a triple rear camera system. The successor to the iPhone XR, with LCD screen panel, will be upgraded from a single rear lens to a dual-camera system.
- The triple camera system is visualised in this render from last weekend, which is meant to be based on iPhone 11 prototypes. The Journal’s story today corroborates that previous leak.
- The Wall Street Journal says that new camera features will be a significant part of the 2019 flagship iPhones. We are colloquially referring to it as the ‘iPhone 11’ for simplicity, but final marketing names is not being reported on and won’t be known until much closer to September.
- However, on the surface, it seems like the 5.8-inch iPhone 11 will not be receiving compelling camera changes as it will be sticking to the dual-camera system. The three-camera module appears to be reserved for the largest, most expensive, phone.
- Mark Gurman from Bloomberg is also reporting that the new iPhones will have a triple camera system.
- The third camera on the high-end models will have an ultra-wide-angle lens to produce larger and more detailed photos. It will also enable a broader range of zoom. Apple is also working on an auto-correction feature to fit people back into a photo who may have been accidentally cut out. The second camera on the new XR model will have increased zoom as well.
- Finally, it’s rumored that the 2019 iPhone will ship with a similar feature to Samsung’s Powershare where it can wirelessly charge an Apple Watch or AirPods.
- TF International Securities Ming-Chi Kuo first predicted that Apple’s 2019 flagship iPhones would work with bidirectional wireless charging, days before Samsung launched its Galaxy S10 line with Wireless PowerShare.
- Macotakara speculates that the new AirPods Wireless Charging Case may also be compatible with the wireless charging feature on the iPhone 11. The idea is that the iPhone battery is large enough to share power with an Apple Watch and AirPods case in a pinch without any cables involved.
- Separately, Macotakara reports that the iPhone 11 will be bundled with a new charging cable, but it wont’ switch to USB-C for the charging port. Rather, the new report says that Apple may bundle the new 18W USB brick that ships with the iPad Pro and is now sold separately, relying on Apple’s Lightning to USB-C cable.
- The camera system is a constant source of speculation as it is one of the main selling features of having the latest phone. In a recent report from Kuo, it’s speculated that the front facing camera (selfie camera) will go form 7 to 12 megapixels.
- The front-camera improvements go beyond an increase in megapixels from 7 to 12. The camera will also change from the existing 4-element lens to a 5-element lens component. The new front camera will be included on all three new 2019 iPhones, including the ‘XR 2’ or whatever that model is called.
- According to Digitimes, Apple is laying the groundwork in the supply chain to launch three new iPhones in 2020 featuring OLED displays. The current flagship lineup offers OLED screens on iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, but the iPhone XR uses a lower-resolution LCD panel to save money.
- This pattern is set to continue for the 2019 generation, but Apple will shake things up next year. The three 2020 iPhones will reportedly come in new screen sizes: 5.42-inch, 6.06-inch and 6.67-inch diagonally.
iPhone 11 Performance:
Apple is sticking with a 7nm process, as 5nm won’t be ready in time, but EUV should allow about 20% more circuitry in the same area. Couple that to the larger chip size expected, says Cross, and you get something with the same kind of transistor count as the latest iPad Pro models.
Estimated Price and specifications:
Apple is yet to reveal any details around the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. However, the cheapest model in the 2019 iPhone family is rumoured to carry a starting price of $749 (roughly Rs. 53,700). This could be associated to the iPhone XR₹ 58,490 successor, while the OLED display-featuring models are likely to be available with higher price tags. Furthermore, the pre-orders for the iPhone 11 models would start from September 13, with their availability is speculated for September 20.
In terms of specifications, the iPhone 11 trio will debut with iOS 13 and is expected to have the A13 chip. A Geekbench listing recently suggested that the new Apple chip specifically on the iPhone 11 is paired with 4GB of RAM — an additional 1GB RAM compared to the iPhone XR.
Apart from the new chip, the Pro models in the iPhone 11 family are said to come with a triple rear camera setup. The new models are also claimed to have reverse wireless charging support. Further, the phones could have a multi-angle Face ID sensor.
Apple would replace its dated 3D Touch technology with Haptic Touch, which is already available on the iPhone XR. The iPhone XR successor, which is believed to debut as the iPhone 11, is speculated to come with a dual rear camera setup.
In addition to the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple is speculated to launchits new Apple Watch — precisely the Apple Watch Series 5. It also would release the final build of iOS 13 and iPadOS for all the compatible iPhone models and iPad models, respectively.